Saturday 8 June 2013

This afternoon's work.

Worked for an hour and a half, managed to do just a few ribs. I still have about 9 times more ribs to go! This is going to take a while.

I'm going to have to go over the lot again once I'm done with the first go. I'm still debating whether I should sand next, or give another go with varnish remover. I'll see when I get done what I've done.

One thing's for sure: I must be hyper careful - I have no error margin.

The hull's bottom is a lot softer than I expected. I hope I won't have to replace too much of it. Heck, I hope I won't have to replace ANY of it.
J'ai passé une heure de demie à décaper. J'ai fait que quelques côtes. J'en ai environ 9 fois plus à faire. Ça prendra bien du temps.

Je crois que je devrais faire une deuxièmme passe quand j'aurai fini. Je sais pas encore si je sablerai ou si je décaperai. Je verrai de quoi ça a l'air quand j'aurai fini la première passe.

Chose sûre: Faut que je fasse très attentions - j'ai aucune marge d'erreur. Le fond de la coque est beaucoup plus tendre que je ne pensais. J'espère que je ne devrai pas en remplacer trop. En fait, j'espère ne pas avoir à en remplacer du tout.

No comments:

Post a Comment